Innovative Openings Repair Services
We provide both warranty repair service and out-of-warranty repair service for our customers with proof of purchase.
Note: Current child safety standard requirements for window treatments may not allow some products with manual operating systems to be repaired because they can no longer meet the standard. See below.
Manufacturer Warranty Service & Repairs
- Innovative Openings will handle warranty repairs on products that we sold.
- Manufacturer warranties usually cover parts but not labor, packing or shipping costs (if applicable).
- Warranty repairs require proof of purchase showing original purchaser.
- Repairs beyond manufacturer warranty will be subject to both parts and labor costs.
- We are unable to perform any warranty repairs on products not purchased from Innovative Openings.
Please submit a Repair Request. Once we have reviewed your request, we will contact you to let you know what options are available for your product.
- Innovative Openings is unable to repair any products not originally sold by Innovative Openings.
- Manufacturers often update their shades and control mechanisms and our parts stock is limited to what is currently offered by those manufacturers.
- Discontinued or updated products may not be repairable. Wear and tear on cords, slats, fabric may mean that your shade is beyond repair. If that is the case, we are happy to help you purchase a new shade or blind through either our full-service or Do-It-Yourself Progam.
- We have restringing kits available for purchase if we are unable to repair a shade.
- Note: Current child safety standards for window treatments may not allow some products with manual operating systems to be repaired because they cannot meet the standard. Learn more
Please submit a Repair Request form. Once we have reviewed your request, we will contact you to let you know what options are available for your product.
Child Safety Standards & Regulations in the Window Treatment Industry
Current Child Safety requirements may affect whether or not your manually operated window treatment can be repaired.
- All Innovative Openings’ repairs will be subject to current Child Safety Standards*. All repaired window coverings will be brought into compliance with current Child Safety Standards. There may be additional costs involved to achieve compliance.
- Some repairs will not be performed if we can’t bring the shade into compliance with child safety standards.
- For more information on current Child Safety Standards, please visit: windowcoverings.org/window-cord-safety/
*AMERICAN NATIONAL STANDARD FOR SAFETY OF CORDED WINDOW COVERING PRODUCTS - ANSI/WCMA A100.1-2012. A new revised standard will go into effect Dec. 15, 2018.
Cleaning and Care
- Innovative Openings does not clean window coverings. We may be able to give you cleaning and care instructions from the manufacturer of your shades, or provide contact information to the manufacturer who may have cleaning services available.
New! Purchase repair/replacement parts for roller shade products from Innovative Openings online.
Repair and replacement parts for more window treatment products coming soon!
If your product is out of warranty, you will soon be able to purchase a selection of parts and controls for roller shade products. Check back soon!
To access installation, programming, and technical documents for your product, click here.