Retractable Pergola Awnings can change the whole nature of your patio structure!
Our whole concept of outdoor living has changed in the last 5 years. People want livable spaces with indoor comforts, and one of the most popular outdoor living installations is the pergola. Pergolas define a space with a combination of structure and openness. It's always been easy to hang patio shades at the sides to increase shade and comfort, but the various styles of open, louvered tops have still made using your "covered" patio space challenging and uncomfortable at certain times of day, depending on exposure. Retractable pergola awnings solve this problem, providing on-demand shade when it is needed and retracting to restore the open-air feeling of the structure when it is not. Problem times:
- Midday when the sun is directly or almost directly overhead.
- Afternoon if your patio faces west
- Morning if your patio faces east
2 styles to meet shading needs of every deck or patio
- Pinnacle One (with legs to create its own structure)
- Pinnacle Two (over existing structure) to meet shading needs of every deck or patio.
KE Durasol Pinnacle Structure Awnings roll out on a track system for stability.
Constant tension Pinnacle awnings roll with the front bar attached to tracks for stability. The front bar of the awning contains strong springs which keep the awning under tension as it extends. This keeps the fabric taut and the awning looking great.
Pinnacle One Patio Awnings create their own structure
The Pinnacle One Awning combines the advantages of a retractable awning with a fixed awning structure.
- Constant tension awning, remains taut and covers a 16' wide x 16' projection in a single unit.
- Includes a leg and track system to create a free-standing aluminum structure with a retractable awning cover.
Pinnacle Two awnings for existing structures
- Sunroom structures
Pinnacle awnings are motorized with constant tension system allows awnings to extend on any roof pitch. The tension system keeps the fabric taut. These awnings retract into a cassette enclosure to provide total protection from the elements when not in use.
Patio awning sizing and engineering
- Up to 16' wide x 16' projection in a single unit
- Up to 3 units can be combined to provide a 48' wide x 16' projection retractable shade structure.
- Multiple awning units can be combined to cover larger areas.
- Mounting brackets are engineered for versatility to fit any existing structure or over-sized skylight area
Durable acrylic awning fabric
Innovative Openings offers a wide range of acrylic awning fabrics to enhance any patio. We have a large selection of solids and stripes from the finest awning fabric mills in the world: Sunbrella, Dickson, and Satler.