Repair Options for Innovative Openings past customers
- On-site repair by Innovative Openings Repair Technician
- Drop off at our Louisville, CO office to facilitate shop or warranty repairs
- Discounted Replacement Program for Old Blinds and Shades
Scroll down for specifics on each option:
Onsite repair by Innovative Openings
- Our repair technicians will come out to your location to assess and repair your shades on-site.
- Fill out our Repair Request Form below. You can attach photos and repair details. Make sure you give us your best phone & e-mail contact information.
- Our office will attempt to respond within 24 hours during Monday-Friday to give you a quote, schedule the appointment and collect the trip charge.
- Repair charges: $100 trip (collected at scheduling) + $80 per man/hour (collected after repair is complete). Charges for parts that are no longer under warranty may apply. Typical Lead time: 1 - 2 weeks.
- Repair of products older than 15 years will require sign off waiver stating that there is no labor warranty and Innovative Openings is not responsible for problems that may arise during or after the repair.
Drop off repairs at our Louisville, CO office
Bring the broken blind or shade to our Louisville, CO office Monday through Friday between 10:00 – 3:00. With the order information on the shade, Innovative Openings can determine whether or not the repair will be covered under warranty. Please note that we will only accept shades that were originally purchased from Innovative Openings with proof of purchase.
For Insolroll warranty service, we can make most repairs in our own facility.
For Hunter Douglas warranty service, we will obtain a Return Authorization from Hunter Douglas then we will package and ship your shade to their factory.
- Innovative Openings charges $40 for processing Hunter Douglas warranty repairs (includes shipping and handling). This charge is not covered by the Hunter Douglas warranty.
- Lead time is based upon factory processing time: generally about 3-6 weeks.
- Shades can be shipped back to you directly at no additional charge or picked up at our location during office hours.
For non-warranty repairs, we will assess best, and most cost effective, way to proceed. Most re-strings will cost $80 per shade (plus shipping) depending upon the size and complexity.
Discounted Replacement Program for Old Blinds and Shades
Instead of continued repairs on old blinds and shades, purchase a long-term solution of same type and size. Cords and other shade components are likely to fail with more frequency as they age. Our discounted replacement program offers Innovative Openings’ past customers the best price on replacing their aging shades with newer products that will update their aesthetic and meet current child and pet safety standards.
Send us a photo of the headrail sticker with size and specs. We can quickly price your replacement option.