Alustra Architectural Shades combine the best of roller shades and roman shades.
Soft structured panels that roll up simply with a clean-lined appearance are a match made in heaven with an elevated, modern vibe.
Let your room's design shine with the textile design element of premium Alustra textured fabrics and Architectural Shades' horizontal rhythm for a sophisticated, pulled-together look.
The best of roman shades
Like roman shades, Hunter Douglas Alustra Architectural Shades feature even, structural horizontal panels that bring design rhythm and architectural interest to your windows. Soft fabric-covered aluminum battens create these sections but allow the shade to wrap around a top roller when raised, for a clean, minimal appearance.
The best of roller shades
Unlike roman shades, there are no lifting cords on the back of the shade, and no 'stack' of fabric folds that accumulate around the bottom rail as the shade goes up. When the shade is fully lowered, the top of the fabric panel slides back to a position closer to the window, which means smaller gaps at the edges for optimal privacy
The roller mechanism also allows for a revers, or front, roll option. When this option is specified, it allows Alustra Architectural Shades to smoothly clear window handles and cranks.
Exclusive textured fabrics
Architectural Shades are available in over 40 globally sourced Alustra Collection premium fabric choices:
- Sheer- Light-filtering with softened view-through
- Semi-sheer-Light-filtering with limited view-through
- Translucent- Light-filtering with no view-through
- Room Darkening- light blocking with no view-through
Alustra Architectural Shades Fabric Collection
Alustra Architectural Shades are available in Hunter Douglas' exclusive, globally sourced textured fabrics. Choose from over 40 options in sophisticated colors and unique weave patterns.
Light-filtering with softened view-through
Light-filtering with limited view-through; daytime privacy
Excellent for living areas and layered window treatment applications.
Light-filtering with no view-through
Excellent for areas where light is desired and privacy is needed, such as bedrooms and bathrooms.
Room darkening with no view-through
Excellent for any area where enhanced darkness is needed, such as media rooms, living rooms where you watch TV and movies, and bedrooms to enhance renewing sleep and privacy.
Architectural Shades operating system options: designed with child safety in mind
The Window Covering Safety Council recommends using cordless window treatments in homes with small children. Alustra Architectural Shades are available with both a manual and motorized operating system to best meet your needs.
PowerView® Cordless Motorized Operation
Smart automated control for both battery powered and hard-wired shades.
- Operate with your smartphone or tablet using the PowerView app (iOS or Android)
- Operate with Smart Home control integration using the PowerView app, or 3rd party home automation systems with Hunter Douglas hub
- Operate with voice control via App or Smart Home System controls
- Create schedules and custom settings/scenes with PowerView App based control
- Pebble Remote Control with up to six different groupings of window treatments, either individually or together
- Pebble Scene Controller- Conveniently preview and select room "scenes"- different combinations of shades and shade positions that you've previously programmed using the PowerView App.
- User-friendly, easy to program operation via Hunter Douglas' new PowerView system
Clutch and beaded loop manual operation
- Easy pull-up operation
- Child-safe locking chain guide
Architectural Shade features let you design and detail your shades perfectly.
With so many options available, it's easy to create the look you want for your windows. All Architectural Shades are designed to roll off the front of the roller at a 3 o'clock position, commonly known as "reverse roll". This allows uniform batten and panel spacing from top to bottom as well as easily floating over window handles and cranks. The result is a finished, sophisticated look with precision that brings architectural interest to your whole room.
- Reverse Roll
- Kickback™ or "Reverse Roll Recessed" function: This innovative feature moves fabric panel closer to the window after the shade is fully lowered, for smaller edge gaps and optimal privacy. This allows smaller edge gaps and optimal privacy. If you prefer the fabric panel to remain the 3 o'clock position, request no Kickback.
- Unique fabric-covered bottom bar designed to complement the contoured battens
- Bottom Rail
- Manual operation with clutch and bead chain system
In addition to Reverse Roll, you can opt for:
- Exclusive hardware and finishes in 2 sleek metallic colors: Brushed Nickel and Bronze Shimmer™
- Top Treatments
- Large Square Cassette 2.0
- Bracket (bracket cover?)
- Stand-alone Valance
- Motorized Operation
- Internal Rechargeable Battery Motor
- No need for wiring
- Concealed within roller tube for clean, seamless look and smallest mounting depth for automatic shades
- Hard-wired motor
- Internal Rechargeable Battery Motor
Hunter Douglas product information